So I bought our first cloth diapers today. I bought 2 soft bums, 2 gro baby, 3 smartipants and 2 bum genius 3.0. I never thought I would be excited about diapers. I have been researching cloth diapers ever since we decided to adopt (that is a long time to look into diapers). The hardest part is that everyone has something to say about each one of them good and bad, and not until we use them on our children will we be able to decide which are best for us. So far the concensus is "yay" for bum genius. I will more than likely go with them and the the soft bums, they seem like they would fit our lifestyle the best, plus I have heard great things about them from many other cloth diapering mom's. But until we have our little ones we will not know what will fit them the best. I decided to go the cloth diapering route when I found out that disposables stay in landfills for 500 years. That is crazy. I am not a "green" person by any means, but 500 years is an awful long time to sit in a landfill. Plus the cost is also a huge factor in wanting to go with cloth diapers. Since I will only be working part time, I am trying to find ways that we can save money once our little ones come home, for example I also want to make our own baby food. Not only will we save money but it will also be better for our children. If I make their food we will know what is in it instead of all the preservatives in store bought food. Same goes for the diapers. Cloth diapers don't have the ickys that are in disposables. Now I know that more than likely if our children come home with Giardia (sp?), which is a parasite that causes terrible smelling and water like poo, we will probably use disposables, but I will try and use a earth friendly version. I'm hoping that in a year and we, hopefully, have our children home, and I look back at this post I still feel the same way. Only time will tell.
On the adoption front. We are still waiting on our 171h. I am hoping it will be here very soon. I have learned not to hold my breath in this process. The worst part is that we still have a lot of waiting in front of us. Right now with our agency the wait times for infants is 5-6 months, hopefully they are still at this range by the time we get our paperwork in. My Christmas wish is to have our dossier sent off before Christmas. That is the one and only thing on my Christmas list this year. Please Santa, I have been a very good girl this year.
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago






2 comments:
Cloth diaper user here.
I only used the Bum Genius for nightime and used cloth with diaper wraps during the day. The trick is in the folding of the diaper.
You've been tagged. Check out my blog for details.
Post a Comment