Well I received my first "I don't like you no more mom" today! Fortunately it didn't quite come out like that!
Isabelle kept standing on her chair this morning at the kitchen table while I was making their breakfast and after warning her numerous times to sit on her bottom I told her she had to go to quiet time. I placed her on the step and she began to cry. She stood up and through her tears told me "Mama Bye Bye". She said this about 3 times. I am guessing this is the two year old version of "I don't like you no more mom", which I am so not looking forward to BTW. As much as it hurt that she was saying this I stood my ground and made her sit in quiet time for the two minutes that we give them. After it was all said and done she was back to being her smiling little self giving me kisses and laughing. I know all kids say stuff like this to their parents, heck I remember doing it myself, but it sure doesn't feel good hearing your child say them.
So my apologies to my mother for ever telling you I don't like you no more!
The kids are growing like crazy! Avery has figured out the art of moving chairs around to reach things. Last night he moved his chair up to the counter while I was fixing dinner so that he could "help", luckily I caught him in time before he "help"ed himself to a nice cut from a knife I had been using. Nothing is safe anymore! They are climbing much better (good and bad) and going up and down the stairs much better (good and bad). Saturday morning we opened the sliding glass door and let the kids play outside while we made breakfast. It was so weird watching them play while we were inside, but they did a great job. Until Avery decided that he needed to bring a cup full of water into the house and spill it all over the kitchen floor, but at least it was only water and easy to clean up. Last night while I was cleaning up Izzy after dinner Avery put all their toys that were in the kitchen back into their playroom without me having to ask him to, I was so proud of him. They are noticing more around them now too. When we are eating, or at the store, or doing anything really they are always pointing at things for us to tell them what the object is. Tomorrow a speech therapist is going to be coming to the house to evaluate Avery to see if he qualifies for therapy or not. Isabelle's appointment is next Friday. I'm really interested in seeing how it goes.
I will post again after Izzy has her evaluation to let you all know of the results for both kids.
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago






0 comments:
Post a Comment