BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 17, 2009

just an update

So to update you all about what is going on right now in the adoption. We will be getting our fingerprints done with USCIS on September 29th in Indianapolis. I will be starting the series of shots on September 28th, I have never before been excited about shots. Matt will start his series of shots on October 5th. We are still waiting for our Home Study to be approved by DCFS, it has only been 5 weeks and our case worker told us it could be anywhere from 5 to 8 weeks so I'm not surprised that we haven't heard anything yet. Matt has been working a lot lately so we haven't been doing anything exciting. My SIL, Rachel, and I went to the Arcola Broomcorn Festival on Saturday and then on Sunday we went to a picnic with other people who have or are adopting from Ethiopia. It was really nice to finally meet some of the people I have been emailing or have been stalking their blogs. It was really great to see the children who are home and to see how well they are doing. I can't wait until we get to bring our own children to these get togethers. Someday the paperchasing and waiting will be a distant memory and I will be the mother of two gorgeous babies. But until then I will enjoy my time with my DH, because as he so lovingly points out, we will never have this time again and after having children we will never be the same.

0 comments: