BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, January 4, 2010

Our dossier is in Ethiopia

So according to our FedEx Account our dossier has arrived in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia and is being delivered to our agency's lawyer today. So now it needs to be translated and registered, which we were told could take around 3 weeks. Once this is done we are officially a waiting family. I am, however, going to start counting down as of today for our referrals. I don't want to bother our agency to find out when our dossier was registered. Three to four weeks doens't mean that much in the whole scheme of things really. So now we wait, as of right now the wait for a referral is 4-6 months, because we are asking for a boy and a girl infants it might be closer to the six months, but we are prepared for this. We are hoping to be traveling by the end of this year. If it just so happens to happen sooner that would be okay too. I am going to paint the nursery in February. I will post before and after pictures. I bought more diapers and more baby legs, but alas my shopping must stop. We now need to start saving and paying off debt to be able to pay for when we travel. Yes I know it is still a ways away but the travel expense is not cheap, so we are starting now. If I found out when our dossier was registered I will let you all know.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Woo Hoo!!!!!

I asked for our registration date twice and the most I ever got was that it was going to be registered the end of the month. I just counted from the day our dossier arrived in ET. Like you said, it doesn't make that much difference in the big scheme of things.

Yes, travel to ET is expensive. Add to that your Embassy expenses, spending money, etc. Happy saving!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Jennifer! Ours arrived 12/28 :)

-Alisha J