So I just got the news from our agency that our dossier has been registered! What does this mean you might ask? It means we are Officially a "Waiting Family". Next step in this wonderful journey: our referral(s). WooHoo!! The parenthesis around the s is because we are waiting for one referral for twins or two referrals to unrelated children. Oh my gosh, we are there. We are a Waiting Family. Wow that sounds great yet terrifying all at the same time.
This weekend we found out there is a change that needs to be made on our 171H. It is a big deal but it is not something that will hinder our progress thus far. The main thing is that it will need to be fixed before we travel and have our embassy date and that will be quite a few months from now, so we are okay. I found out Saturday that there was a problem so needless to say I was a bit frantic not knowing what it all meant to our paperwork already in Ethiopia. But after talking with our agency director and our social worker today I am a lot better.
Matt and I talked about changing our request to only one child and then adopting another in a year or two after. But then after talking about we realized that we asked for two children for a reason and we have known for 10 months that we were going to be adopting two. We have, as a good friend of mine put it, First-Time-Parent-Jitters. It is getting a bit more scary now. We are no longer waiting for important documents, no longer stalking the mailman for that all too important envelope, we are now waiting for the all too important email telling us that our children are waiting for us. Our children, gosh that sounds awesome. I can't wait to hear mama or mommy coming out of our babies mouths. That will be a very special day for sure. But one step at a time, we need our referral(s) first. So the praying for our referral(s) begins. Thanks for all the prayers thus far. We truly appreciate all the prayers and support from all our friends and family.
The Weekly Ramble – July 31, 2026
1 day ago






1 comments:
You didn't tell me that you found out your dossier is registered. How exciting!!!!!!! I think you should do a "Guess our Referral Date" post.
Post a Comment