BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, June 21, 2010

Awesome weekend

So our weekend started off great with new pictures of the twins on Friday afternoon. Friday night I took my mom to Tuscola to see her boyfriend's granddaughter in her first play. But before we went to the play we went to the outlet mall and went to Osh B'Gosh and Carter's and bought some clothes for the babies. Not that they really need anymore but oh well they got some anyways. Then we went and watched the play, which was really cute. It was "Alice in Wonderland" and Mary Rose played the Cheshire Cat, she did a really good job. After the play mom and I went to Villa Grove and met up with our cousin Carol and her husband Paul at the VFW and had a couple of drinks. Every once in awhile it is nice to hang out in my hometown and hear all of the gossip, but only every once in awhile. After we left the VFW we drove around and went by our old house. I do miss the big V.G. sometimes but mainly I miss all of my friends from my childhood and just my childhood in general really. It was a pretty good town to grow up in. Saturday was our 4-year wedding anniversary, we went low key this year. With all of the travel expenses coming up we are trying to save as much money as possible. So we have taken a vow not to eat out or buy anything unless we absolutely need it. ie: food and gas. So we just cleaned out the car we will be using as the "Family Car", then we went to the pool (we allowed ourselves a pool pass for the summer), we took the dogs for a walk, cooked out and after all that we just chilled and watched a movie. It was a Fantastic day! Sunday we went to church, then to Matt's parents house for a Father's Day cookout, after we left the in law's house went to Jupiter's II to meet up with two families that we have become good friends with through our adoption. One of the greatest things that has happened in this process, besides the twins of course, are all the great people we have met. Adoption doesn't just connect you to your children it also connects you to some great people who we are lucky enough to call our friends. We ended our weekend by just relaxing and watching some TV. It was such a great weekend! The weather was awesome and I got to spend time with loved ones. What more could a girl ask for? Well I'm sure I could think of something but I'm not going to push my luck. Next Father's Day will be extra special due to the fact that Matt won't just be legally a father he will have his children home with him. I can't wait to watch our children learn, laugh, cry and just be plain silly with their Daddy. I know he is going to be a great father and I am so happy that I get to share in the joys of parenthood with him. Hope all of you had a great Father's Day weekend.

0 comments: