BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Our referral story

CONGRATULATIONS IT’S TWINS!!

March 23, 2010

At 2:37p yesterday I saw that I had missed a call from our agency and the message just said to call back. So I called expecting to learn that we needed some paperwork changed or something. Here is how that conversation went:

Me: (as the phone is ringing I’m checking my email. You know just in case. Nothing is there from AA.) Hi this is Jennifer Barbee and I had a message to call.
Radu: How are you today?
Me: Good. How are you?
Radu: Fine thank you. Can I ask you a question?
Me: Yes.
Radu: Can you keep a secret?
Me: Yes.
Radu: Seriously, do you promise you can keep a secret?
Me: Yes.
Radu: Okay then look at your email.
Me: I don’t see anything. What email address did you send it to?
Some searching on his part and me closing my email and then seeing I had one new message.
Me: Oh I see it. Oh my gosh your kidding right? (the reason for this reaction is because I was looking at an email with the subject line: referral. This is where the sobbing began.)
Radu: this is a special case in which there were twins a boy and a girl available and you and your husband were the only ones who requested this. This doesn’t usually happen so fast and there are other families who have and are waiting longer so you need to make sure not to announce this on the Internet as to not upset anyone.
Me: (a very shaky )Okay thank you.
Radu: You are welcome.

And then the phone conversation was over.

I was able to call Matt and tell him he needed to come to the office. At first he thought something was wrong with my boss because he could tell that I was upset but then I told him we got our referral and he understood my shaky voice. After hanging up with Matt I shakily called my mom to let her know that she was a grandma, unofficially of course. Then I called our home study agency to let our social worker know. Then Matt finally showed up and we sat down to see our baby’s faces for the first time together. Let me just tell you they are the most precious faces I have ever seen. I’m sure it has nothing to do with me being a bit biased or anything either. You’ll understand once I am able to post their pics. Last night was a whirlwind of tears, phone calls, oohs and aahs.

All I can say at this moment it that they are 8 months old and perfect.

Next we wait for our court date. We will not be allowed to travel in May or June due to the elections so we will hopefully travel some time after July but before December. If all goes well that is. As for Matt and I we are going to be kicking it up a notch and getting those honey-do-projects going.

Thank you to all of you that prayed for us. Now I am asking that you please pray for our babies and their family who I am sure misses them. It is really a double edged sword when you receive your referral because you are excited for the chance to be parents to these perfect little beings but at the same time you know that someone out there is missing there babes. Hopefully they will find peace in knowing that their babies are being taken care of and are loved.

0 comments: