BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Update

Just thought I would post an update today.

I spoke with our social worker yesterday regarding our home study status with DCFS and this is what he said. At this time they have not read our home study yet. They are just now getting to a home study the he sent in a couple of weeks before ours. The woman at DCFS said they are running about three weeks behind at the moment. She apologized but apparently they now have her reading private adoption home studies and she is doing this all by herself. She has an assistant but the asst. is not qualified to read home studies. It is all budget cutting stuff. He did ask her if she knew when she might get to our home study and she answered that she is getting through them as fast as she can. He said that he would check in with her again later this week. So we will see what she says then. But until then we WAIT. I am working on how to be patient though. This process really helps you with that. LOL

So as soon as I hear anything else I will let you know.

0 comments: